Splurge on the weekend and eat really healthy during the week! I cannot be on a diet 24/7, it just wont work for me. I am a lover of food and the kitchen and nothing will ever change that, so I try to incorporate balance in my eating and cooking lifestyle.
I am actively on weight watchers. I am trying to lose about 10 lbs by spring! So far, I have lost 5 (it’s been almost 2 weeks). So, here is a quick and easy (and very yummy!!) recipe. You can use whatever you like, whatever you have in the house. This recipe is never the same, I always change according to what I have in the house, or what looks fresh in the market. Sometimes spinach and feta, or basil and tomato, or mozzarella or goat cheese or… just a sprinkle of pecorino (a big calorie saver)! This time, I had leftover broccoli rabe with cannelloni beans from dinner the night before, and that is what I used to stuff my chicken breast! I also had the laughing cow light cheese triangles…so i used 1/2 of one in each cutlet! (only .5 point)!!
BTW, my husband who is not on WW loves this recipe too!
- thin sliced chicken cutlets (4, 3 1/2 ounce cutlets)
- 3 egg whites
- tbls mustard
- 1 tbls parsley (fresh or dried)
- salt and pepper
- spinach (box frozen, squeeze out moisture, or use fresh leaves (uncooked)
- sundried tomatoes (6 pcs)
- pignoli nuts (or walnuts, pecans, chestnuts…)
- 2 laughing cow light swiss or garlic (use just 1/2 per piece of chicken)
- 1/4 tsp grated cheese (peccorino or parmesan) for sprinkling on chicken
- 1 tsp grated cheese to be added to breadcrumb mixture
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup unprocessed bran
Preheat oven to 350. Spray glass dish with olive oil. Combine egg whites, parsley s&P in a bowl. Whisk. Add chicken. Separate plate combine breadcrumb, bran and 1 tsp of grated cheese, mix. Dip chicken in breadcrumbs. Layer tomato, spinach, cheese and pignolias, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes. Each one is about 4 -5 points on WW (depending on which cheese you use)!